- Equal protection to circuits and receptacles throughout home. Protects appliances/equipment that are not plugged into a surge strip
- Includes an LED indicator
- NEMA 4X rated for outdoor/indoor use, 80,000 amp Surge Current Rating, 25,000 amp SCCR. CSA and UL 1449 3rd Edition Type 1 SPD
- The HEPD80 is easily connected to any brand of residential load center and provides the customer a green status LED to ensure proper protection
- Product warranty of 5 years and 50,000 residential downline warranty
From the manufacturerProtects household equipment from internally and externally generated surgesMount through any available knock out that will support the installation configuration
What does a Surge Protector do?
A Surge Protector is a device designed to control very fast high voltage transients or surges that are common in our electrical systems. Voltage transients, large and small, can damage electrical equipment instantly or will degrade the components on the circuit boards over time, resulting in shorter life expectancies of electrical equipment. Surge Protectors are basically an insurance policy against electrical transients caused by voltage surges generated within the home, lightning surges, and utility-related surge events.
Square D Home Electronics Protective Device, HEPD80
The Home Electronics Protective Device (HEPD) is designed to provide surge suppression at residential load centers. Square D brand Home Electronics Protective Devices (HEPDs) are compact and affordable surge suppressors designed to be installed next to residential load centers. HEPDs work together with surge protection plug strips to provide surge suppression for sensitive electronics. HEPDs reduce surges that might otherwise overwhelm plug strips and damage connected household equipment. HEPDs also provide surge suppression for important items such as washers, dryers, refrigerators, stoves, and lighting that plug strips don’t protect.
With an 80 kA Surge Current Rating, Square D brand HEPDs utilize high-energy suppression circuitry to protect household equipment from internally and externally generated surges. Each metal-oxide varistor (MOV) is individually fused with both thermal and overcurrent fusing. The HEPD has a limited warranty of five years with a $50,000 connected equipment warranty for residential applications.
Ease of Installation
The HEPD80 carries a NEMA 4X rating suitable for installing indoors or outdoors. Weighing less than two pounds, the HEPD80 is easily connected to any brand of residential load center and provides the customer a green status LED to ensure proper protection.
- High-energy suppression circuitry helps protect household equipment
- Each Metal Oxide Varistor (MOV) is individually fused
- NEMA Type 4X enclosure rating suitable for installing indoors, outdoors, or in other harsh environments
- The LED status indicator can be seen without opening your electrical panel
- 120/240 Vac applications
- UL 1449 3rd Edition Type 1 SPD
- 5-year, $50,000 limited warranty